Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Actual Answers From Students On Music Exams

The principal singer of nineteenth century opera was called pre-Madonna.

- Gregorian chant has no music, just singers singing the same lines.

- Sherbet composed the Unfinished Symphony.

- All female parts were sung by castrati. We don't know exactly what they sounded like because there are no known descendants.

- Young scholars have expressed their rapture for the Bronze Lullaby, the Taco Bell Cannon, Beethoven's Erotica, Tchaikovsky Cracknutter Suite, and Gershwin's Rap City in Blue.

- Music sung by two people at the same time is called a duel; if they sing without music it is called Acapulco.

- A virtuoso is a musician with real high morals.

- Contralto is a low sort of music that only ladies sing.

- Probably the most marvelous fugue was the one between the Hatfields and the McCoys.

- A harp is a nude piano.

- Refrain means don't do it. A refrain in music is the part you'd better not try to sing.

- I know what a sextet is but I'd rather not say.

- My favorite composer was Opus Agnus Dei was a woman composer famous for her church music.

- Johann Sebastian Bach wrote a great many musical compositions and had a large number of children. In between he practiced on an old spinster which he kept up in his attic.

- Rock Monanoff was a famous post-romantic composer of piano concerti.

13 comments:

jillie said...

That's why I always say..."no brains, no headaches!"

jillie said...

It's GREAT to put a name and a face to the "mystery man". What a sweetheart you are!

SIMON said...

Hi jillie lovely to see you! hey is that you on that hog on your new avatar? Thanks for the comments - mean a lot - really. Oh but you're not that bad yourself

Anonymous said...

These are great!
I love the one about a harp being a nude piano.
tc

jillie said...

Yeppers it is moi!!! It's me in all of my avatars. I think you missed the first one of me on the bike...it's was with blue lighting. I love to ride....

.....a bike ;o))

Crabby said...

Yeah, what's a sextet?

I'm kinda liking thinking of the harp as a nude piano. All of a sudden, I'm feeling a need to learn to play the harp.

tkkerouac said...

Mermaids horror dating story is up Simon.

Lee Ann said...

Oh those are great!
- Music sung by two people at the same time is called a duel; if they sing without music it is called Acapulco.

- A harp is a nude piano.

very good!!!
;)

Rebecca said...

- A harp is a nude piano.

you said nude.....

SIMON said...

tk and crabby hi to you both, although usually a sextet is six people playing music together it sounds like a lot of bums, tits and legs to me!
Thanks tk and I've read that now. Nice 1.

Hey top cat - never be able to look at another piano now without imagining it nude! Thanks for the visit.

I know you love to ride jillie and I do remember that avatar just before the jd angel! I'm impressed with the new one.

Crabby I know exactly what you mean and thanks for the visit!

You know Lee Ann it sometimes is a duel isn't it but my fave is acapulco Thanks for the visit BG!

SIMON said...

Becca yes nude! In musical terms you understand!

Rebecca said...

I got it....I know I know..grow up rebecca....

SIMON said...

No don't becca I like you this way!