Tuesday, March 13, 2007

SAYINGS

THINGS WE ALL SAY :

Generally = I'm the only person who believes this
I think that = Nobody else agrees with me
Incidentally = I've just remembered a good story
In my honest opinion = I don't believe a word of this
In the not too distant future = It's never going to happen
People think = I don't know what I think
Perhaps this means = Perhaps it doesn't
Reportedly = I need to give my words some extra weight
Simply put = Everything before has been a lot of waffle
Supposedly = This definitely isn't true
The point I am trying to make = Nobody is listening to me

THINGS WE'D ALL LIKE TO SAY :

- Ahhh...I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again...

- I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.

- You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.

- I have plenty of talent and vision, I just don't give a darn.

- Visualizing? I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.

- I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you being competent.

- Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

- The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

- Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

No comments: