Monday, March 19, 2007

TONIC FOR A FRIEND!

Once in a while in Blogland you do something and get the distinct feeling that it might not work!Though it worked last time this is a slightly bigger project and doesn't involve ice cream at all!
I have a very new friend in blogland who isn't doing that well at the moment with one thing or another. Remember when the doctor used to say, "You need a bit of a tonic" instead of diagnosing through the pages of the internet and sending you for extensive tests or saying just take these and if they don't work just come back.
Well anyway I thought I'd make up a tonic for her, BUT I don't know her from Adam well yes I do, well Eve anyway ; she lives thousands of miles away, on a different continent in fact, has a totally different lifestyle to me, has radically different opinions and interests............


THE LIGHT BULB MOMENT...

Check out her profile, select some key words and send them to her, no better still post the results myself at least she will see it and she may even comment. Should only take 5 mins to get a few pics shouldn't it? That'll be a real tonic for her..

Favourite film, easy that it's one of mine too


She travels a lot and mentions Whitehorse, Yukonso she'll recognise that then, more than I do!

Favourite book, oh dear here we go let me introduce my co conspirator Google. There that wasn't too difficult.Oh music that'll be a doddle.

Great Big Sea. What? Never heard of them! Couldn't be something like the Rolling Stones could it, that would be just right for a boring old fart Brit like me. Oh typical Canadian band, figures where's me friend gone. Here Google, google, google.

Ok! That's it then. Yeah I know a bit of googling but is it that personal, do I want it to be personal? No just a tonic. Remember the things you've bought for people and you've only bought them because you like the record or cd or whatever well this is the reverse!

I listened to Great Big Sea. I'm always saying this weirdwideworldwebbything is fantastic and it is. I even got the lyrics of Ordinary Day by Great Big Sea from the album Play released in 1997.

I’ve got a smile on my face, I’ve got four walls around me,

The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me

I’ll win now but sometimes I’ll loseI’ve been battered,

but I’ll never bruise, it’s not so bad


Chorus

And I say way-hey-hey,

it’s just an ordinary dayand it’s all your state of mind

At the end of the day,

you’ve still got to say,it’s all right.


See that girl on the street, what keeps her from dying

Let them say what they want, she won’t stop trying

She might stumble, if they push her ’round

She might fall, but she’ll never lie down

Chorus

It’s a beautiful day, but there’s always some sorrow

It’s a double edged knife, but there’s always tomorrow

It’s up to you now if you sink or swim,

Keep the faith and your ship will come in.

The lyrics resued it from being really awful to be honest, though it started well and showed real promise but the chorus let it down.

So there it is Tonic for a Friend. No time to wonder whether she'll like it or not or even get to read it. Straight over to hers to let her know its here.

Now I get that feeling again that it'll all go wrong! If you read this far please leave a comment and if you're really good I could do it for you..........

9 comments:

Jules said...

Oh My G-O-D! You just posted about Great Big Sea!??!?!?! I know, I know, the tonic wasn't meant for me, but HONEY! You're in my good books now. Even though you said the chorus let you down. I'll forgive you...

jillie said...

I'll take a nip of that tonic please!

Great post and yeah, I will get my lazy butt in gear and get my blog up to date. RIGHT after that nip I say.

Just too damn lazy today. Hey! That rhymes, boy do I feel a Dr. Seuss or WHAT...lol!

SIMON said...

Jules I think you know who the tonic is for don't you?
Had I known Great Big Sea would send you exstatic I'd have done it for you! Seriously I may listen to some more of them sometime because I genuinely didn't know of their existence until a few hours ago.May even post about them again who knows....
Thanks for the kind words.


I'd have posted a few more bottles if I'd have known they were going to be swigged at by my favourite limping nurse in the entire world!

KuPu said...

OMG, I am seriously crying!!! NO ONE and I mean NO one has EVER done anything for me like this before. Can you PLEASE move to Canada and PLEASE be younger and so on!!! LOL!!!! You really touched my heart Ebezp, You REALLY did!!! Thank You from the Very bottom of my heart!!!! All those pictures, and you looking up Great Big Sea and all, really means a lot. WOW...why do you have to live so far! No word of a lie, I was telling Jules one day, that I really like you as a blogger friend (I think this was before she was commenting on here?) and I said that I really liked the way that you wrote and stuff! Now I really like you as a person! You have the warmest heart ever!!!!
I am smiling and I have some tears...happy ones...Thank You SOOOO much!!!!
Hugs and Kisses!!!!
Kim!!!!

Alicia said...

That was so kind of you!

SIMON said...

Thanks for the visit alicia love the avatar by the way!

SIMON said...

Well Kim you've nearly got me crying as well. You say the nicest of things.....all the time.
It was an absolute pleasure to do for you because although I've met some wonderful people in this weird world of blogland, you top the lot. I don't really know why and if I did I'm not sure I want everyone in blogland to hear it!
My heads in a bit of a spin to be honest.
Thank you for being you!

KuPu said...

Awe...here I go again!!! :') That's a happy tear!!!! LOL!

SIMON said...

Hey Kim
Look at the time it's been one of those days! You know when all the thoughts are of one thing or person and they keep chasing around in your head!
Not your fault - mine.
See you soon
HUGSBYTHETHOUSAND
x