Tuesday, March 13, 2007

OH TO HELL WITH IT!


Just come back from a meeting where I was expecting about 10 or 11 people and as secretary had got a dozen to be safe copies of agenda, minutes and info.
Just 2 people turned up making just the three. Over the years we have reduced the number that have to be there in order to have a proper meeting to 5 but we can't even make that.
The next meeting has been booked and the venue is the shiny red British phone box on the left and for our AGM the double one on the right!

"What is causing all this apathy"
"I don't know and I don't care"

5 comments:

Ice said...

I remember those... and the double decker buses... and the post boxes... the red ones... I used to have one as a child that was my piggy bank :)

I haven't been in so long, I need to go back soon!

Anonymous said...

are you sure the AGM won't request a larger phone booth?
tc

SIMON said...

TC No 2 that are in communication with each other will do!

Red post boxes Ice!! AAH yes! Yeah you need to come back over.

Ice said...

Most of my fam is still in and around Manchester... one is moving to Toronto in the next few months, her house is up for sale as we speak cause her hubby took a job transfer to the location here in Toronto. I notice a lot of Brit's move here...

So, when ya movin' over?

SIMON said...

Oh I wish!

1986 with the ex we were all set to come to Canada, the other end, for expo in Vancouver, things happened and we didn't even get to visit!

1990 I spent 5 weeks in the US and Canada just after my divorce, but things move on and priorities and personnel change!

C'est la vie!