Sunday, February 18, 2007

So this is Sunday when you have a weekend off!

It's almost like comfort blogging, I haven't yet braved work after our Vegas trip that delight is saved until Wednesday, RAFMAN & WKD both go back tomorrow and I can tell they are both looking forward to it!
RAFMAN returned to his home from home with PIPPAGIRL a couple of hours ago and because I don't really know the Sunday afternoon routine then I'm bored, maybe I should have gone in to work.....NOT! What else to do but blog!
Oh and catch the Corrie omnibus! VEGAS KID may come round later but his return to work is not until the end of next week and his triumphant return (?) to DisneyVille.
Caught up before on SCUZZ, possibly the most user friendly, consistent satellite music channel for the young 50 year old such as me! Now I can't help but being just a little confused by the title of a Bloodhound Gang track. Yes I know the same group that implored with people to "do what they do on the Discovery Channel....." but RAFMAN is called that for a reason and in another lifetime, or seems it, I used to teach little RAF cadets the phonetic alphabet but even to me realising the track was called :
FOXTROT / UNIFORM / CHARLIE /KILO was a revelation in itself!
This was followed by an artist with the name Buck Cherry an irony I guess lost on a lot of his target audience! I fully expected a track called Ly Ming a Ding! However it did contain the word 'bitch' which of course would have been yet another No No at some time in the distant past.
Scuzz did get back in the good screens by playing Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark, good wholesome rock!!!
Talking rock music......
Check this out www.strangeday.co.uk and then myspace or http://www.myspace.com/makerocknotwar I think you might be quite impressed. I was! Good, keep going, ballsy rock music a definite delight these days when a lot of young people seem to have forgotten this wonderful genre in favour of sampling other peoples efforts and playing everything twenty times faster than it was ever intended. Try saying that sound like 'The Chipmunks' and catch the looks you get!
This info comes from a new friend to the blog. A lovely lady from the south coast who's blog I was impressed with but we won't hold it against her!
She is 'Mothership' to Strangeday and is right to be proud of their new album!
Welcome POSH HERMIT
http://posh-hermit.blogspot.com
I hope you find ours a nice happy blog to drop in to from time to time. You will always be welcome. The fact that you really look rather nice won't come in to it!
And yes before you ask POSH HERMIT is the person referred to in the Did I Miss You blog on our return from, where is it we've been?

1 comment:

Posh Hermit said...

Hi there, thanks for the Strangeday plug. The album will be available on itunes soon if anyone is interested. You might enjoy Tobiwan's blog www.tobiwan.co.uk
Strange child, I blame the parents!