Tuesday, February 27, 2007

KEEP IT IN THE FAMILY

Well I'm gobsmacked, in fact my gob has never been so smacked, well for a while anyway! I love this internet thing you know! I enjoy the blogging, meet some lovely people, read some wild and beautiful, clever and stupid blogs, seen some amazing, awesome, horrible, cute pictures and as an example just yesterday I spent more time on other blogs than mine! One in particular!

I've always said I don't and won't do myspace! Maybe it's because I don't want to look like Billy No Mates. You know EBEZP has 8 friends, DJ Tiesto has 192,234 friends. However I have also always said the myspace platform is terrific for the younger generation. The generation that send one word text messages and uses Messenger like they would a mobile phone. I've seen VEGAS KID and RAFMAN have four windows going on at once on Messenger and on a mobile phone at the same time as well as sending and receiving mainly sick pics on E mail, so for them myspace is really good and for those that want to be competitive it can be that as well.
They both - ONESON/TWOSON will do this openly on my pc and of course I can access their myspaces and it's all lighthearted and really good fun.
Now I'm not against fun, far from it in fact but I do know my limitations and I am the 'boring old fart' generation and proud of it, regular readers will know I was 50 a couple of weeks ago but I have to say that sometimes it's all I can do to post simple things on this ever so simple blogspot. I've learnt a lot from especially VEGAS KID about developing 'his' myspace and struggled with him getting for example videos from you tube on to his space. 130 friends in just a couple of months, one of his friends, his brother despite being in communications was taught everything about myspace by him!
He also thinks that blogging is for 'older' people, not because of the pace or relative easiness but more that it's not as versatile as myspace.
A couple of days ago, since our return from Vegas I posted his myspace address on this here slow and unversatile thing as a way for people who may have wanted to see some more of our Vegas pics they could on his new slide show! After all who do you think took the pics of him in Vegas? Umm, let me think about that one!
To be honest I wasn't even aware that myspace also had a blog space? But today I got the text message. CHK OUT MYSPAC BLOG.
I digress, why was my gob so smacked? On his myspace blog was the following and I thought I would repost it in this as a thank you.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Keep it in the family! Current mood: pensive Category:
Blogging

Ok, so I don't really do this 'blog' thing. Infact, this is my first Blog, ever! Its really been my Dad who has introduced me to this whole thing.After failed attempts to convince him that myspace was the way forward, I listened to him and he had convinced me that blogging, to put it in his words was 'the myspace for the boring old fart generation', which he admittedly falls in to! This may or may not be true, but as it happens is, as far as my family is concerned. I post comments and make slideshows, while he writes interesting, but often pointless, sometimes funny blog stories and comments on his posted pictures.We often point out the similarities between the two methods of communication and as it happens this blog, albeit not my preffered way of writting, comes in the form of a favour to my Dad. To repay the favour infact that the plug for my myspace page recieved on his blog. So in return, not only am I going against my better judgement of joining the b.o.f club, and posting my first blog, but also including his blogspot as part of it. So if you fancy checking out some cool pics, reading some maybe useful, maybe ridiculous things, jokes and general opinions shared by my Dad, or you're just another blogger, who may or may not fall into the afore mentioned group, then check out his spot. If you do consider yourself in the 'typical Dad' generation, then I'm sure you will have plenty to talk about, If not I'm also sure that you will find at least one entry amusing/bewildering/interesting/pointless (delete as appropriate).
http://wilkonews.blogspot.com
So there you have it. First blog finished, favour returned, and none of it really too distressing! You never know Dad, I might still become a fine little blogger afterall!

It goes without saying that once again I will plug his myspace. So for VEGAS KID :

http://www.myspace.com/matoeira

and for RAFMAN :

http://www.myspace.com/djwilko839

You will of course be welcome. You can lurk safely and check out their friends etc. It can be fun!

Thanks again mate really enjoyed that!

2 comments:

tkkerouac said...

yes, my space seems to be for a much younger generation.

SIMON said...

Each to their own I say.
You and me will stick with this old blog. May even get the hang of it one day. yours is brill I'm so pleased to have found it and that you've found mine it is appreciated.
Catch you later!