Monday, February 26, 2007

Now here's a funny thing. Last night in Coronation Street, well the advert breaks before during and after there were three CDs advertised.

1. Dr Hook - Hits and History
2. ELO - Out of the Blue
3. 101 Hits of the 80's

Call me cynical but I have to ask why? Dr Hook had a great sound, I've done everything to Dr Hook tracks and yes I do mean everything, to say nothing of Sylvia's Mother. The Electric Light Orchestra were brilliant and Out of the Blue one of the best albums ever. I've got it on vinyl and I guess it's always a good one to get on CD. As for the compilation well I can't say that the eighties were my favourite decade for music. Better than the nineties but not as good as the seventies but even having said that my guess is that I already have in some format or other 90 of the tracks on this 5 disc set. Yes I accept the challenge I will get the track listings and check, results to follow..........

Thank you WKD I really hadn't thought..............

IT'S MOTHERS DAY IN 3 WEEKS!!

It all falls in to place they're only advertising these 'golden oldies' for Mums. That's why they were in and around Corrie!
Thankfully my mum would kill me if I bought her those! But she was born in 1923 not 1973!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog...Love ELO,the 80's, Dr.Hook and of course Cornation St. 60's,70's,80's & the early 90's was the real music. The crap that they play now is brutal...Come back and visit soon!!

SIMON said...

Ta for visiting traceylee feel free to visit anytime all you cougars are always welcome! Must be the good Canadian air that does it!
See you at tk's!!