Sunday, January 21, 2007

TO SHOW HOW COMMITTED TO THE BEST NEWSREADER IN THE WORLD.....EVER..................
WE ARE COPYING KAYS BLOG..............

Sunday morning...

Hello everybody,
Well? Did you watch? Jayne Torvill I am most definitely not. But I did have the most fantastic time on Saturday night.
Our routine to Blondie's Heart of Glass was technically really difficult. Lots of skate contact with the ice, plenty of tricky elements any one of which could trip us up.
But I felt we "nailed it".
Sadly, the judges disagreed. So by the end of the night, I wasn't at all surprised to be in the skate off.
I felt strangely calm as Fred and I glided out for the showdown with DJ Neil Fox.
Foxy was feeling very nervous backstage and his gorgeous partner Pam did a great job of reassuring him.
It's hard to explain the intense pressure Dancing on Ice puts you under.
You're wearing lycra, you're an absolute beginner and it's just you, your partner, and millions of people watching you putting your dignity on the line.
It's like being dropped into a gladiator pit.
Foxy skated first then it was down to me and Fred. I could feel the audience's support and I knew so many friends and family would be glued to their TV sets.
Macmillan Nurses, my chosen charity, had sent me a huge bunch of flowers and they took pride of place in my dressing room.
Blondie began to sing and we were off. Before I knew it, the routine was over and we were skating over to Phillip Schofield.
AS I said to Phillip as he consoled us for being in the final two "I am having the time of my life". And I was. I honestly didn't care about the result.
I had enjoyed every moment and had a great sense of achievement.
The judges gave us the thumbs up and Fred and I live to skate another day...
Kay B

No comments: