Tuesday, January 02, 2007

LIVING HISTORY

Up until yesterday I also had another blog called 'WIRRAL CULTURE' but running two is really too much so it's now just WilkoNews but I hope to include a tad more culture and it may be mainly from the Wirral/Liverpool and to set the scene I am transferring some of what I considered to be reasonably good posts from that site.
Ok?
Can somebody please explain it to me then?!



It's always a shame to see an empty pub isn't it?
This picture is of the third pub called the Punch Bowl on this site in Market Street in Hoylake. Though as you see the angle has altered slightly!It is one of the old style 'cathedral' style pubs.
Both pictures are included as part of an ongoing project in to the history of Birkenhead Brewery Company

THEN AND NOW
Lovingly restored and painted the Chapman turns up at the Lifeboat Open Day in Hoylake, August 2006. Living History at its best. This is what it is all about!

No comments: