Sunday, July 01, 2007

SMOKE FREE ENGLAND DAY

Ok so England went 'Smoke Free' today. A comment from Wilko News staff -BALLS!
These signs are now all over the place, the legislation covers all enclosed public buildings, pubs, restaurants and stations and even some bus stops!!
Ok yeah I'll accept the legislation was inevitable, BUT here's the rub. On top of that legislation there is also local procedures and because I work for the local authority their new rules are that I can not smoke within 20 metres of the building where I work, yes even in the rain!
The picture below was taken as we closed on Saturday evening and the last time that I can legally smoke at the front door!

There is another problem however that will take a lot longer to sort out and that is to do with tolerance. Smokers for the most part comply with all these new rules without that much complaint but let them say that it's all wrong and how intolerant the anti smokers become!

Anti smokers learn to be tolerant as us smokers have had to. Thank you!

Apart from that I can only reiterate the word mentioned at the top of this post..............BALLS!

5 comments:

Andy Looney said...

I was in perfect health until I quit smoking 17 years ago.

Then I fell apart.

SIMON said...

Well I've definitely got no intention of quiting then!

Autumn Storm said...

Nice to put a face to the name. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi mate i approve of this picture i wish i had thought of it. I love to smoke in public. pippagirl

SIMON said...

Autumn Storm over on the right THE REAL ME my ugly gob has been there for a good while now!! But thanks for the visit.

It wouldn't have been the same if it had been you would it! I am still going to smoke in public people will just have to come out to me!!