Friday, November 03, 2006

FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC BLOG

How strange! So I went in to a record shop, yes walked in browsed, took my purchases to the counter, handed over the plastic and they handed back to me four CD’s!
I had actually got to the point of thinking that all CDs had bubble wrap and padded envelopes as standard or at least as part of their manufacture!
However good or exciting the experience was it doesn’t beat pressing some buttons on the old keyboard and waiting for the postman! I don’t think I will be repeating the experience in a hurry and my main reason for this is quite strange as you might imagine. Although waiting in a shop while they make sure they give you the wrong copy of the CD in the wrong box isn’t really very long, certainly compared to buying on line and waiting for the postie at least waiting for the post you can do loads of different things, in fact life goes on!
A shop is different as you look around at all the serious dross that is at the counter, groups, or maybe not, that you’ve never heard of, others that you really wish you hadn’t, shit DVD’s and accessories for an endless list of items that technologically as a boring old fart you haven’t yet caught up with and probably never will! Oh and not forgetting the people…… Though maybe that was because I chose Nob Head City as the place to experiment with this buying CD thing!
I am going to stick with the buttons thank you and that is from a proud to be BOF!

You could say that the purchased goods were “quite a variety” and that’s being polite!
Two brand new CDs, one that isn’t officially released until monday coming, 6th and when I saw it already on the shelf especially the one with the bonus CD, shouting BUY ME I really had no option did I? The other newie only released last monday was on my list for buying when we come back from our ‘winter interlude’ was an automatic sort of companion for the first one wasn’t it? Go on humour me! I’m trying desperately hard to justify my impulses to myself!
Where Amazon would maybe suggest something like – People who purchased 1 also purchased 2 – I had a link that even Amazon wouldn’t or couldn’t come up with. Apart from the bonus disc with 1 which you don’t count, I hadn’t heard a single note of either of them!
Compared to the other two sale, or I would prefer – back catalogue items that I’d heard every single track on one of them and almost all of the other.
So if you haven’t already lost the will to live I better tell you which CDs we are talking about…..unless you’d like to guess………………

No comments: