Friday, November 17, 2006

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE.......


All you need is Love - and the waiting is nearly over

THE anticipation is almost as great as it was back in the days when a new Beatles record was about to be released. This Monday sees the launch of Love, in which existing master tapes were used to remix songs into what is described as a "unique soundscape." The 28-track album uses the full range of the group's output, from I Want To Hold Your Hand to Get Back.
And last night Beatles fans were given a sneak preview of the album in a world premiere at the Mosquito bar in Victoria Street. The project has the full blessing and support of the surviving Beatles, Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, along with Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison. It was overseen by their most famous producer, Sir George Martin, along with his son Giles, who worked with previously unreleased material and original master recordings. Sir Paul said: "This album puts the Beatles back together again. "Suddenly there is John and George with me and Ringo. It's kind of magical." Ringo Starr added: "George and Giles did such a great job combining these tracks. It's really powerful for me and I even heard things I'd forgotten we had recorded." Love began life as a collaboration between the surviving Beatles and entertainment troupe Cirque Du Soleil for their Las Vegas show.
Beatles' fans were yesterday on the edge of their seats in anticipation of the album's release. Jean Catharell of Liverpool Beatlescene group said: "So far I've avoided hearing it on the radio because I want to sit down and hear the whole thing when it's released. When I first heard about the album, I thought it was going to be absolutely wonderful. "I've heard so much about it and I've spoken to a lot of people who have been out to Las Vegas to see the Cirque Du Soleil performance I'm sure it's going to be breathtaking." Stephen Bailey, manager of Mathew Street's Beatles shop, said: "We gave out tickets to the event at the shop and they went so quickly. I've heard the songs and as someone who has spent years listening to the originals I think the new ones will take a bit of getting used to. "We've had lots of people coming in and asking if there are any more left so there have been quite a few disappointed fans." Love will be released in a 78-minute stereo CD version and in an 81-minute audio-only version which will play through DVD systems on Monday.
Musical history - the full list of the Beatles’ new 28-track album
THE full album track-listing is as follows: 1. Because 2. Get Back 3. Glass Onion 4. Eleanor Rigby Julia (Transition) 5. I Am The Walrus 6. I Want To Hold Your Hand 7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You’re Doing 8. Gnik Nus 9. Something Blue Jay Way (Transition) 10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She’s So Heavy)/Helter Skelter 11. Help!
12. Blackbird/Yesterday 13. Strawberry Fields Forever 14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows 15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds 16. Octopus’s Garden 17. Lady Madonna 18. Here Comes The Sun The Inner Light (Transition) 19. Come Together/Dear Prudence Cry Baby Cry (Transition) 20. Revolution 21. Back In The U.S.S.R. 22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps 23. A Day In The Life 24. Hey Jude 25. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) 26. All You Need Is Love

No comments: