Sunday, October 22, 2006

WEEKEND GOINGS ON.....

So RAFMAN and PIPPAGIRL are visiting the far end of the M5 and DEVONISH ENTERTAINER. Ok so they got lost but RAFMAN has never really got a proper grip of this geography thing, though to be fair he's so much better than he was, honest. They aimed for the A38 but thought that maybe the A30 would do. DEVONISH ENTERTAINER simplified it quite well as he is prone to doing, "Well it's only eight roads away!"
A fantastic time is being had by all or so I have been informed! Mainman did play his part in the last slow dance surprise for RAFMAN with the help of PIPPAGIRL and MAINMAN will plausibly continue doing it TIME AFTER TIME.......
Which of course did go down very very well!!

Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick,
and think of you
caught up in circles confusion--
is nothing new
Flashback--warm nights--
almost left behind
suitcases of memories,
time after--

sometimes you picture me--
I'm walking too far ahead
you're calling to me, I can't hear
what you've said--
Then you say--go slow--
I fall behind--
the second hand unwinds

chorus:
if you're lost you can look--and you will find me
time after time
if you fall I will catch you--I'll be waiting
time after time

after my picture fades and darkness has
turned to gray
watching through windows--you're wondering
if I'm OK
secrets stolen from deep inside
the drum beats out of time--

chorus: if you're lost...

you said go slow--
I fall behind
the second hand unwinds--

chorus: if you're lost...
...time after time
time after time
time after time
time after time.

Music and Lyrics by CYNDI LAUPER
So well in fact that I am prepared to overlook PIPPAGIRL's deliberate mistake.
When she told me that she liked Journey South's, Time after Time! I will take JS more seriously when they consistently hit the charts with their own material. Don't get me wrong they are brilliant at what they do, it's what they do that's not good! Anyway Cyndi Lauper used to be a female wrestler and I'd rather f*** it than fight it!!
Journey South do form the link to the next part of the weekends goings on though...to X Factor!
Rod Stewart, the man and the music. A great show with a superb standard from everyone. Maybe though except the result?! For the second week on the run I, no actually we had The MacDonald Brothers down to go. When will the judges realise that the more they slate someone on the show the more the 'tabloidised' British public will give them the sympathy vote.
Two very strange artists in the bottom two head to head then.
4Sure v Robert. Of those two 4Sure were always going to go. By their own admission they are an RnB band and singing Rod Stewart was way out of their comfort zone and Robert's almost 'chicoesque' style and presentation was bound to see him through.
Because of their geographic location I will always support Eton Road but I have to feel a bit sorry for Louie because 4Sure probably represented his best chance at winning with a group.
Very strong performances from Ben, of course, Maggie May while standing on a piano, the seemingly more gorgeous than ever Leona and the newly 18 Nikitta.
Then there's GRAMBO's alleged favourite Ashley. Mesmerising performance from him and he will definitely have picked up a lot of predominantly female votes, especially from the women that haven't yet decided who to support. Not a bad position to be in - ask Shayne Ward!
For my money the final four are Ben, Leona, Nikitta and Ray which when I wrote it WKD actually agreed with however since then she is trying to justify Eton Road being in the final four, thereby making it a final five.
As well by the way as WKD working with Ray's Auntie, she has since found out that she also works with James from Eton Road's cousin. What an incredibly small and complicated life thay lead at HMRC, Liverpool.

Filming for Hollyoaks outside MAINMAN's work, well he could only tell it was Hollyoaks because even the camera man, sound engineer and producer were all under 25!

Why do the best photographs always occur when you don't have your camera with you. Such a silly thing to say. It actually only becomes a photograph when you have your camera but you know what I mean?
Seven Magpies on the Plaza in front of the Town Hall! Yes seven! They would have all been in the one shot as well! Oh never mind.....




No comments: