Monday, September 04, 2006

WEEKEND BLOGGY BIT

Always nice to see Patsy Kensit….A good excuse to show a picture of the original Birds Eye Pea ad girl and now Superbitch Sadie in Emmerdale. A quote from her prompted this blog, I think I am bland. I blend into the pattern on the seat of GNER trains. Said actress Patsy Kensit claiming that she very rarely gets recognised. Well I ask you! No way never love. If I saw you you’d know you’d been recognised. Wow I’d even start travelling between London and Leeds just to see you let alone recognise you. All I can say is that they must be some seats on those trains!

Ah sad day! As from today the E1 service in Birkenhead is withdrawn.
Now I know it was never considered to be ‘cool’ to be seen on one of these milk float type buses but I have to comment that it’s really never been considered to be seen carrying your worldly goods in a plastic carrier bag but millions of people still do! Yes ok it only took nine people and couldn’t go faster than 6mph but it was clean, green, reliable and free. Isn’t that the sort of thing we should all be aiming for?

TV WATCH :
Two amazing quotes from ‘corrie’ tonight, both from Kirk played by Andrew Whyment, neither need comment they are so good and self explanatory……It’s hard been so thick……I’m bright enough to know I’m stupid.

BBC1’s Sunday night drama The Chase has been compelling viewing and a terrific cast and came to its conclusion tonight. Maybe I should say climax as there was so much duvet hopping that at times it was hard to keep up. GRAMBO, yes GRAMBO was heard to say that it should have been called Secrets and Lies! Even the horses were up to it. One poor horse was only discovered when she gave birth to a beautiful foal that wasn’t the thoroughbred it was supposed to be. No worries with horses though, no lengthy tests or trials to do with paternity. Meanwhile the humans were almost throwing each other off cliffs over the parentage of their children. WKD made a very good observation and you’d only know if you’d seen both but the picturesque cliff that they were attempting to throw each other off must be the only one available in Yorkshire, near Otley I understand, that a few years ago was the one that used for a main character to have been pushed off in Emmerdale!

One thing I found to be really quite funny or maybe it’s just me in The Chase was that when an adventurous hamster was found in the fridge (!) suffering from severe hypothermia I must add, it was surrounded by vets who at one time nearly lost it. Not a very good recommendation in a veterinary practise.

Bit disappointed with Greg Lake. Yes Greg Lake, he who believes in Father Christmas and formerly one third of ELP. Yes super hero Greg Lake who once had on stage a Persian carpet that was worth more than Carl Palmer’s entire drum kit. You know the guy now don’t you?! When asked recently what type of music he was in to at the moment he said Cirque du Soleil’s Mystere. Brilliant I thought, what a good choice! He then went on to say that it was typical of good European music……Well hang on just a second Mr. Lake and do correct me if I’m wrong but Cirque as we all know here at WILKONEWS is a French Canadian company. Mystere is a resident show in Las Vegas with only three European performers and to my knowledge no European musicians. The soundtrack contains no obvious Europeans so how on earth can it be typical of European music. Oh it might sound European. However if I knew what European music sounded like I might be able to agree with him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally I always found it strange that the blinds on the E1 said'
HAMILTON QUARTER CIRCULAR
Never seemed quite right to me!

Anonymous said...

I think you should publish more pix of patsy kensit and less of Greg Lake!!

SIMON said...

Always pleased to help! Searching for some images of Patsy for you, which you have probably already seen because I publish the freshest at the top!