Friday, September 22, 2006

Soap Suds

A Labour of Love...

Romance in Romania gives the fans what they’ve wanted for years - Lisa Maxwell (DS Sam Nixon) and Scott Maslen (DS Phil Hunter) had a great laugh delivering it.
Scott enthused: “It felt quite like The Bill’s live episode in many ways. It was lots of fun and much more lavish.”
Lisa worried about the reality of the sex trafficking storyline: “I liked the storyline but was shocked trafficking is going on in ‘suburbia’. One of the great things about The Bill is to be able to tell stories like this week in and week out.”
Being the only girl on set, Lisa was determined not to be a wet lettuce. “I really went for it. Poor Scott was thrown off his dialogue with my driving, because at one stage, I really did take off! Everyone was really shocked and I got a few: ‘She can’t do that, she’s a bird’ jokes!”
Their characters’ relationship took off too! “Obviously, Sam and Phil go through so much together in Romania and out of a bad situation, there’s an opportunity to get close and they take it. The important thing is that they really did ‘spark,” explained Scott.
Lisa describes the motives that lead her character to have sex with Phil: “I think Sam wanted to get close to Phil – she definitely fancies him, was curious and probably thought: ‘You know what, I nearly snuffed it – why not?’”
They’ve never shared a kiss – this is what they felt about potentially embarrassing love scenes: “It was nice – a good day in the office,” joked Scott.
Lisa: “Once the kiss was out of the way though, we did muck about - in the following scene, we were both struggling to get our clothes on. But I got the worse fit of giggles after I saw rather more of Scott than I’d bargained for!”

No comments: