Friday, July 21, 2006

GOOGLING GOOD TIME

Long time WILKO NEWS readers will know that there has always been a fair bit of googling going on and of course now is a perfect time for this sad occupation, every time I google I end up saying "Wow! The Internet is wonderful" but I tell you right now, googling will produce the biggest load of inaccurate non sense!

The city of HOYLAKE.......
I'm in Liverpool at Hoylake......
Hoylake, Cheshire............
Hoylake, Liverpool in Lancashire..............
The Royal Hoylake........


The most common one however is accurate but very bland,

HOYLAKE, ENGLAND.

However having said that there are now over 100,000 entries in a UK search on Google for HOYLAKE BRITISH OPEN and 27 pages of images. Mentions in every british paper every day and I have visited web sites all over the world to see how they describe our little bit of "England's Green and Pleasant...."

Washington Post, New York Times etc. etc. Absolutely big WOW! You can not tell me that there is anything at all negative about all this. Never anything wrong about being put on the map!

1 comment:

Jules said...

You still say "Wow, I love the internet!"

Awww!!! This just makes me smile!