Saturday, December 16, 2006

GOOD 1 THIS

Sydney - British adventurer Dave Cornthwaite on Saturday became the first person to skateboard across Australia.
The 27-year-old covered the 4,831 kilometres from Perth to Sydney in 5 months. On the way he broke American skater Jack Smith's world distance record of 4,830 kilometres.
Cornthwaite intends to press on to Brisbane to take his distance up to 6,000 kilometres.
Arriving in Sydney, he thanked his seven-member support team.
'They've given up their jobs and they've given up everything they've known to literally come along and follow a bloke on a yellow skateboard travel across Australia,' Cornthwaite told Australian news agency AAP. 'They've kept me sane and they've kept me going and I'm absolutely determined to finish this.'
Cornthwaite is a newcomer to skateboarding, having taken it up just 2 years ago.
'I wasn't very happy with my job and I thought 'why not make something of my life.''

No comments: