Wednesday, September 03, 2008

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, “My son, the battle is between two “wolves” inside us all.
One is evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf wins?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

8 comments:

Jules said...

I guess we all have little battles within ourselves but as long as the second one reigns supreme most of the time, it's destined to be a pretty good life!!!

SIMON said...

Yeah that's about the weight of it!!!

Burfica said...

until you battle in the wrong dirrection then old mother or grandmother wolf comes and kicks your ass in the right dirrection. hehehehehhee

I hope the angry wolf in me is very thin. hehehehehe

SIMON said...

Burf you always make me rethink what I thought when I post things!!! Thank you for that!

LOL!!

grace said...

Very interesting, food for thought!!

SIMON said...

Yes indeed Grace!!

Rick Rockhill said...

you are a wise man Simon! nice post.

SIMON said...

Thanks a lot Rick!